Summary of functionality
The following functionalities has been development regarding the Bol.com-Navsion integration:
- Retrieving new sales orders from Bol.com via a scheduled process.
- Processing new sales orders towards Navision (NL). Every sales order contains a sales header with optional sales order line(s). All the sales orders will be registered in SDS (database).
- A fulfillment (shipment) process that retrieves events from Navision (NL). Based on the event from Navison Boomi will do a call back to Navision via a query to retrieve the related sales order header and lines. Afterwards the process will ship the order towards Bol.com.
- As an extra check Boomi will do a call back to Bol.com to verify the process shipment status. When the status contains a "FAILURE" Boomi will send an email towards the Tony's Chocolonely support desk.
High-level technical design
Integration processes Bol.com-Navision
|M-Sales order-Bol.com-Get new sales orders|
This process retrieves new sales orders from Bol.com and send these to a queue for further processing.
|M-Sales order-Bol.com-Process new sales order|
This process processes Bol.com sales orders towards Navision NL and registers the orders in SDS.
Integration processes Navision NL - Bol.com
|M-Shipment-NAV NL-Bol.com-Process shipment created event|
This process retrieves sales order from Navision NL and fulfills these orders in Bol.com.
|M-Shipment-Boomi-Bol.com-Get shipment process status|
This is a listener process that checks the process status of every sales order in Bol.com. If the status is "FAILURE" Boomi will send a notification towards Tony's Chocolonely support desk.
Process new sales orders from Bol.com
- Retrieve all new sales orders from Bol.com
- Every new sales order from Bol.com created in Navision NL (header and lines)
- Every sales order record exists in SDS
- Sales order already exists in SDS: record should be ignored.
Process Bol.com shipment event
- The order will be shiped in Bol.com based on the sales order from Navision NL.
- Based on the shipment status in Bol.com the process will send the response to a queue for further processing or send a email to the Tony's Chocolonely support desk.